This demonstration facility will be capable of producing commercial quantities of a range of products such as:
- Food - pasteurisation, cooking, blanching, drying, roasting, toasting, puffing, expansion and baking. This follows on from the successful pilot trials already completed with the HMT.
- Minerals - bloating, exfoliating, expanding, roasting, drying, calcining, thermal shattering and carbon removal.
- Catalysts/zeolites - impregnation, regeneration, recovery, calcination.
- Carbon activation - biomass and coal devolatilisation and activation, impregnation.
- Waste streams - pasteurisation, devolatilisation.
In all cases, the ability to process materials in very short retention times and with absolute precision enables the much lower energy consumption that is necessary for renewable energy sources.